Greetings from Abbie!


Dear everyone who's ever been in C.I. class!  

We start a new semester of C.I. class tomorrow, and I'm thinking of all of you: current C.I. students, recent C.I. students, and C.I. students who came to classes a long time ago!

I know that many of you will join us again this semester, and I know that some of you won't be able to make it to C.I. class this semester. 

If you're coming back to class tomorrow, 9/5, I can't wait to see you again!    

If you can't come return to our class this time around, please do send me a note and let me know what you're up to and how your summer was!  And please keep in touch!

No matter whether or not you're taking class this semester, I hope you can join us for a reunion hike this month; details coming soon!!  

Especially for those of you who were in C.I. class last semester:  Thanks for a great semester, and a lovely end-of-class potluck!!  Normally at the end of a semester, I send out a class survey, but last semester I left for Norway in a big flurry of activity, and never sent you the survey!  So sorry!!  I still really want to know everyone's thoughts about our class last semester!!  

So if you're returning to C.I. class this semester, I'll ask you to share your thoughts with me in class tomorrow night!  

And if you won't be able to take C.I. class this semester, please do write me with your thoughts and news!!    

Last semester ended earlier than usual when I took off for Norway in late June, so we've had a really long break!   

My trip to Norway was amazing, and even though the daytime summer temperatures sometimes only reached 8 or 10 degrees C, we all had fun in the 24 hour sun!  I hiked on mountains, boated over fjords, and swam in icy waters!  And I ate lots of delicious Norwegian brown cheese and many kinds of wild berries.  

Here are a few photos from Norway for you.  The first is of the delicious blueberries which were growing wild everywhere.  The second shows the mysterious Norwegian mountains and sea, as seen from a ship.  And the last is of the sun at midnight.  All of these photos were taken north of the arctic circle in Norway during July 2013.  North Norway is certainly a long way from Taiwan!  

Now I'm happy to be back enjoying the beauty of Yilan County, and happy to have the chance to see many of you soon!

Take care everyone, and please let me know how you are.  

Sincerely, Abbie 

No comments:

Post a Comment