C.I. class 06/18/2015: Jealous Mountain Goddess and Work‏

Dear C.I. class,

Last week we finished reading our "Creativity Powers Science" article, and had a good discussion of that topic.  

Then we brainstormed some questions and problems, and I really liked the wide array of topics that we covered, from fun to serious!  We even brainstormed for solutions, and discussed everything from creating new cooling materials for summer clothing, to deciding whether to change jobs.  

We also discussed how to travel the world even if one has little money, and Tim suggests this website, which he says he used twice during his travels: 
Help Exchange

Next time I will send out a few more links to other volunteer and other travel resource sites that I've gathered over time...  there are many!  But I think it's really great to have the above one that's been personally recommended by one of our classmates!  :)   

I hope that you've been encouraged to ask questions and think about your own problems in new ways...  maybe we can all come up with some creative solutions this week!  

This week on Thursday, 6/18, we will go over the newspaper article that I sent out last week, 

"Even a jealous mountain goddess couldn't stop her"

And we'll talk about the work-related ideas and topics that are brought up in this article!  

(I'm going to try to be realistic, so I won't send any new material out to you this week, because I want to make sure we have enough time to discuss this article and its related issues this week!)...  :D  

We already have one presentation coming this Thursday, and I think you all will be really interested in the topic!  And more presentations are welcome, so please contact me by Thursday at noon if you'd like to present on 6/18!!  :)  

Dragon Boat Festival is coming!  And summer and the end of this semester's C.I. class are coming too...  We will celebrate together before we take our summer break!  This week we will also discuss our class potluck, and the possibility for another class outing!  

I can't wait to see you all again on Thursday!

Sincerely, Abbie

No comments:

Post a Comment